SenSage Announces SenSage 4.5, bringing the full power of unlimited, elastic storage and processing to cloud-based event data warehousing applications
July 17, 2009 · Print This Article
Best Managed Server Provider
Top Managed Hosting, Offsite Backups
24x7 Support, 100% SLA
Most Powerful Servers
Intel Quad Core processors with hardware RAID
Top rated Hosting
SenSage, Inc. today unveiled its latest event data warehouse software, SenSage 4.5, bringing the full power of unlimited, elastic storage and processing to cloud-based event data warehousing applications. SenSage 4.5 provides dramatic reduction in total cost of ownership by enabling server, storage and data virtualization in a single event data warehousing platform, along with a menu of pre-built governance risk and compliance (GRC) solutions. SenSage cloud-based solutions are currently being deployed in multiple petabyte-scale implementations.
Complex GRC mandates are straining corporate budgets and legacy data management infrastructures. Organizations are facing unprecedented and escalating requirements to analyze, retain and immediately respond to risk incidents identified through log files, banking transactions, call records, network traffic and other types of event data. Increasingly, enterprises and services providers are looking to cloud-based data warehousing solutions to lower their costs and improve service delivery. Attributes of these solutions include the following:
- Huge daily loads that exceed multiple terabytes of data per day
- Online retention and analysis for years of data
- Complex access patterns by multiple users, including operational, risk, security and business groups
- Need for real-time, all-the-time monitoring
SenSage’s breakthrough technology advantage is based on the integration of its patented columnar database, agentless event-specific ETL and intuitive business intelligence suite across clusters of commodity servers and storage to deliver highly targeted business solutions. SenSage provides pre-built, solution-specific data marts for GRC, SIEM and log management, telco CDRs, and others.
“We see analytic data warehousing emerging at the forefront of the deployment of data-management technologies in the cloud,” said Matt Aslett, enterprise software analyst at The 451Group. “This is due to the potential for ad hoc analytic services based on data stored on relatively inexpensive cloud platforms and the fact that MPP architectures, such as SenSage, are well-suited to clustered, virtualized cloud environments.”
VMware and Virtualization
SenSage 4.5 works seamlessly in a VMware or cloud-based computing environment and delivers unlimited, elastic storage and processing power. Deployment on commodity hardware resources delivers high performance at a significantly lower cost. SenSage end-to-end solutions run on a purpose-built virtual platform to solve specific customer problems and handle the massive data volumes and unique characteristics of event data.
Features of SenSage 4.5 include:
- MPP, highly compressed and clustered architecture that leverages SenSage’s patented columnar database management system.
- Server virtualization - Full clustering and configuration in a VMware environment with hypervisor for optimal use of CPU cores, memory and other virtualized hardware resources.
- Storage virtualization - Immediate, dynamic integration of storage area networks (SANs), network-attached storage (NAS) and content addressable storage (CAS) as “online storage” in a cloud-based or VMware environment.
- Data virtualization - Ability to add new data sources, reports and analyses without requiring changes to underlying SQL or database schema.
- Native support for multi-tenancy on a single physical or virtual instance.
- Role-based access to systems, solutions, reports and tables.
- Remote and daisy-chained event data collection for additional flexibility in both enterprise and public cloud implementations.
- Real-time monitoring and correlation of events for timely notification and remediation of security and GRC incidents.
“Effective security, fraud and risk management requires massive data collection, long-term retention and easy access by multiple users from security professionals to business and forensics analysts,” said Bruno Kurtic, vice president of product management at SenSage. “SenSage 4.5 extends the capability of our core product to provide a true 360-degree view of data that spans from the enterprise data center to the cloud. This means faster deployments at dramatically lower costs, both CAPEX and ongoing administration, while providing the performance and flexibility organizations need to be successful.”
Public Cloud Service Providers
SenSage 4.5 software can be delivered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution to meet the needs of public cloud service providers who desire to offer SenSage solutions. Multi-tenancy issues complicate cloud-based deployments from a security perspective, and SenSage provides the security information and event management (SIEM) solutions required to manage these implementations. SaaS-based solutions with SenSage are currently deployed globally by providers including Cerner, BT and JIEC.
“We are excited to offer SenSage solutions as a service,” said Shuuzou Ueda, general manager, Business Solution Group, at JIEC. “Using SenSage, we enable companies to create scalable, high-performance event data warehouses without huge upfront data center costs and delays. We are able to automatically provision all of the software applications, servers, security, networking and storage, and to maintain it on an as-needed basis.”
SenSage, Inc. offers patented event data warehouse solutions that provide actionable results from massive amounts of log and event data. More than 400 customers have deployed SenSage solutions to reduce security, fraud and compliance risks at a fraction of the cost of traditional data warehouses and log management solutions. Based in San Francisco, the company markets its solutions directly and through partners, including Cerner, EMC, HP, Hitachi Data Systems, McAfee, Tokyo Electron Device and many others. Visit www.SenSage.com for more information.
PR Contacts: Scott VanSickle Bob Schoettle The Hoffman Agency for SenSage, Inc. SenSage, Inc. (408) 975-3084 (415) 808-5917 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
|RECOMMENDED FOR OUR READERS
GET FREE QUOTE FROM NETRACKSERVERS
Secure and Reliable